Acela transforms physical spaces into purposeful places for human interaction and productivity. We achieve this with a team of experienced professionals thriving in a uniquely integrated work environment empowered by collaboration, passion, and advanced technology. Acela's people and operating structure combine to provide our clients with uncommon levels of responsive service, exemplary design and technical documentation, and measurable performance.
Acela is an emerging, single-source provider of architectural and engineering services including interior design; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering; and performance-based design services. We maintain a studio-like atmosphere that encourages collaboration and process-driven design. Our multi-disciplinary team provides a diverse spectrum of design, consulting, and project management expertise to private, corporate, education, medical, civic, and governmental agencies throughout the United States.
Acela is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania but is currently in the process of opening a satellite office in or around Philadelphia. Other branch offices are located in New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. As an emerging practice, Acela seeks to further define and strengthen its brand and identity through organic growth and key strategic hires such as the one outlined below.
Position: Project Architect
Acela is seeking a Project Architect to participate in the design and documentation of Healthcare Institutions, Government Facilities, and College and University Buildings for our Allentown or future Philadelphia office. Project architects work alongside principals, project managers, and the director of design to coordinate and develop design and construction documents for bidding and construction, provide construction phase administration activities, and mentor team members with less experience.
The ideal candidate has:
· A professional degree in architecture from an NAAB accredited university and professional licensure are required
· 5-7 years of professional experience with a focus on Healthcare, Higher Education, and/or Government sector work, performed under the supervision of a licensed architect
· Excellent communication, coordination, and management skills
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to lead small scale projects or components of larger scale projects through the various stages of design and to develop and manage work plans and execution strategies with project and firm leadership
· Strong design awareness and a working knowledge of the technical documentation process including means and methods, construction documentation, and a familiarity with specifications
· Exceptional proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, Bluebeam, and other graphic programs
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
· Proficiency with Newforma and/or other project management software
· Quality control and coordination of construction administration services
· Engage in internal and external project leadership. Interface and coordinate with other disciplines, consultants, and product representatives and conduct design related research
· Advise on Firm Standards
· Accountability for project plan and project budget compliance
· Produce and manage red line and review documentation
· Provide day to day support to project team and external consultants
· Lead construction administration related activities with the project team and across all disciplines
· Produce field reports as required and as appropriate based on level of project responsibility
This is an excellent opportunity for a team player seeking professional growth and leadership experience. Salary to be commensurate with your experience and skill. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a focused portfolio of work in pdf format to [email protected].
You have successfully submitted your job listing. Please give us 1-2 business days to review and post the listing to the site.
Questions? Contact Tiffany Mercer-Robbins at [email protected]