KieranTimberlake is seeking experienced licensed architects to join our office of nearly 100 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities in a design practice that is recognized worldwide. Our work includes the programming, planning, and design of new structures as well as the transformation of existing buildings, with special expertise in education, government, arts and culture, civic, and residential projects. We seek ways to improve the art, quality, and craft of architecture through research into new materials, processes, assemblies, and products. This pursuit includes the development of application-specific environmental analysis and prediction tools, building and environmental monitoring, novel building assemblies, and more. Common to all our work is that each project begins with a question and continues its development within a culture of questioning, ensuring that design results from deep investigation. We promote a transdisciplinary design process that inspires creativity and fosters a culture of sharing ideas, knowledge, and techniques. See our website, www.kierantimberlake.com, for more information on our projects and current activities.
The right candidate will be consistently focused on design excellence, efficiently develop innovative design solutions, and collaborate with fellow team members and actively participate in a dynamic, creative research based design process.
• A professional degree in architecture and architectural license required
• Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work efficiently toward deadlines
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, rigorous, and collaborative environment
• Desire to seek the limits of the possible
• Well-developed skills in client communications, building design, technical detailing, consultant coordination, contract administration
• Graphic and technical skills; professional experience using: Revit, Rhino and Grasshopper, Adobe Creative Suite
• Prototyping skills: Iterative mock-ups and prototypes of materials and assemblies; Experience with a range of material technologies; Experience with a variety of tools including digital fabrication
• Additional consideration given for individuals with experience using: Navisworks, Web applications and Python programming language, Micro-controller or sensor programming, Dynamo and Unreal Engine
Individuals wishing to apply should email a cover letter, resume with references, and a current portfolio in PDF format (no larger than 5 MB) to the attention of the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Architect” in the subject field.
Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries. KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer.