LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
EDUCATION: Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATIONS: NCIDQ Preferred but not required
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of experience
About JWA: We are in the business of transformation. Together with our clients and partners, we envision spaces where people are freed to work more productively, make discoveries, and live healthier and more joyful lives.
We love what we do. And we work not just for the love of architecture and design, but to satisfy our calling to improve the quality of life in our communities, both today and in the sustainable future. Our process is collaborative by design.
We value and develop long-term partnerships with clients across a broad range of industries and institutions. By leveraging the design intelligence of the group, and making connections across industries and disciplines, we see farther than any of us could alone. That's how innovation happens.
We have a culture that values responsiveness, hard work, creative problem solving and design excellence, and a respect for the environment we inhabit. We are able and responsible designers and partners, creating environments that we need and use, supporting the life of our community.
Why we're looking for you: We are looking for a qualified Interior Designer that is aligned with our values to join our award-winning architectural, planning, and interior design firm. We seek professionals to work across our Philadelphia, PA, Raleigh, N.C and Austin, TX offices that will bring knowledge, experience, and expertise to the role of Interior Designer. The Interior Designer will be an integral part of the design team for learning environments, workplace design, and other specialty types for a broad range of clients from Science & Tech, Industrial to Educational and Cultural Institutions.
The Interior Designer will collaborate with the design team. Successful candidates will combine creativity with technical knowledge to produce beautiful spaces for clients and be able to support the design deliverables on time, coordinating with external consultants as well as the internal production team.
· Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for documentation.
· Perform assignments that include programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documents.
· Develop code compliant designs and presentation materials including 3D renderings.
· Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabric, equipment, color palettes, and lighting.
· Create design environments which serve the client's goals and respond to their desired spatial needs, image, and aesthetic requirements, in collaboration with the Project Manager.
· Participate in design presentations to the client and the projects' in-house design review presentations.
· Collaborate across disciplines and within the design team as required by project type.
· Work with external consultants such as furniture dealers, fabricators, and product representatives.
· Articulate design principles that help govern the detailing phase of the project.
· Mentor less experienced designers.
· Inform and make decisions regarding facilities planning and holding the standards for a premier client.
· An understanding of typical interior building materials, with respect to comparative costs; key performance and installation concerns; contributions to sustainable design goals; and other crucial features
· Ability to write architectural specifications and to coordinate these with the drawings.
· An ability to read consultant's documents and provide feedback for coordination.
· Ability to survey/measure spaces and create accurate background drawings and/or the ability to direct less-experienced designers on how to do so.
· Strong knowledge of construction documents and procedures, construction detailing and material application.
· Competency building and life safety codes.
· Experience working in all phases of design such as SD, DD, CD and CA.
· 2D and 3D design skills.
· Proficient in Revit.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
· Effective communication skills for design ideas
· Intermediate skills in Enscape
· Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in interior design or architecture.
· Project related travel 1-4 times a year out of state; local travel within city of JWA office and surrounding areas for onsite meetings and project needs.
Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are currently unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa.
JacobsWyper will not be accepting outside recruitment assistance on this position including from agencies with a written agreement in place. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume to JacobsWyper does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of JacobsWyper. JacobsWyper will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity.
You have successfully submitted your job listing. Please give us 1-2 business days to review and post the listing to the site.
Questions? Contact Tiffany Mercer-Robbins at [email protected]