Acela transforms physical spaces into purposeful places for human interaction and productivity. We achieve this with a team of experienced professionals thriving in a uniquely integrated work environment empowered by collaboration, passion, and advanced technology. Acela's people and operating structure combine to provide our clients with uncommon levels of responsive service, exemplary design and technical documentation, and measurable performance.
Acela is an emerging, single-source provider of architectural and engineering services including interior design; civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering; and performance-based design services. We maintain a studio-like atmosphere that encourages collaboration and process-driven design. Our multi-disciplinary team provides a diverse spectrum of design, consulting, and project management expertise to private, corporate, education, medical, civic, and governmental agencies throughout the United States.
We are headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania but are currently in the process of opening a satellite office in or around Philadelphia. Other branch offices are located in New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. As an emerging practice, Acela seeks to further define and strengthen its brand and identity through organic growth and key strategic hires such as the one outlined below.
Position: Principal – Healthcare Practice Leader
Acela is seeking an experienced architect with expertise and passion to help build a national healthcare design practice. This position is for either our Allentown or future Philadelphia office but some travel between locations is expected. This is a highly visible role that demands direct collaboration with Acela's Leadership and creative design team to build, lead, and manage our healthcare practice leveraging past experiences and areas of research and development. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to positively influence the growth and reputation of the firm and the advancement of your career.
The ideal candidate has:
· Qualified candidates for this position are passionate about design excellence, building performance and sustainability, and possess a strong creative portfolio and leadership skills.
· A professional degree in architecture from an NAAB accredited university and professional licensure are required.
· 20-25 years of professional experience with a minimum of 10 years of focused involvement in Healthcare are required. Supplemental experience including academic medical and research centers, life sciences, and research specific facilities are also desirable but not required.
· Excellent communication, coordination, and management skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively, manage multiple clients, projects, and project teams simultaneously, positively influence others and manage adversity throughout the life of a project.
· Adept at building long-term strategic relationships, promoting, and leveraging complex project work, and playing a leadership role on projects.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, Bluebeam, and Adobe Suite required.
· Familiarity with Newforma, Procore, Primavera and/or other project management software desirable.
· Act as a client and public-facing expert who is passionate about healthcare and research to expand and nurture our client base, win new work, and pursue opportunities in the Healthcare and Medical Research sector(s).
· Lead, mentor, and develop a project team that can bring a unique perspective and design process to our clients and our work.
· Establish and maintain design and technical standards that support design excellence and brand recognition for our clients and design review/awards programs.
· Influence the direction of the Healthcare practice through research, collaboration, and a deep understanding of the sector's needs, trends, and future.
· Perform QA/QC and constructability reviews during the design and documentation phases of the work.
· Ability to draw from previous experience and when necessary, independent research, to monitor the quality of the construction in parallel to the schedule, budget, and intention of the work.
· Ability to negotiate critical issues with the project team, agencies having jurisdiction over the project, client representatives in collaboration with Principals and Department Heads.
· Build and sustain client and other professional relationships. Serve as the primary design interface with clients, team members, consultants, collaborators, and contractors.
· Facilitate, contribute to, and review internal and external cost estimates and develop/maintain cost estimating data for future reference.
· Advise on firm standards and prepare lessons learned summaries to improve process and production activities. Perform quality control reviews and provide technical guidance to team members with less experience.
· Provide daily team management and oversight. Work and interface with the project team, consultants, contractors, product representatives, fabricators, and other disciplines.
· Advance the Healthcare design practice and its reputation through conference presentations, sector advocacy platforms, design recognition, and social media communications
· Collaborate with Principals and Department Leaders as required to market our services, develop proposals, and participate in client interviews.
This is an excellent opportunity for a team player seeking professional growth and senior leadership opportunities. Salary to be commensurate with your experience and skill. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a focused portfolio of work in pdf format to [email protected]
You have successfully submitted your job listing. Please give us 1-2 business days to review and post the listing to the site.
Questions? Contact Tiffany Mercer-Robbins at [email protected]